Saturday, May 2, 2009

Home again

Shalom to all my friends. I'm back home after 8 days visit to Baltimore with our new Mayor's delagation. I landed the morning of Yom Hazikaron , and asked the taxi driver to wait till I drop my lugguage at home and take me directly to my daughter's school - the Art school.
Every year I go there for the Yom Hazikaron ceremony. This year it was even more important for me to be there. It's the ceremony that the senior class of that year are doing. This year it was my daughter's class.
In a couple of months they will all be soldiers! I know these kids since 1st grade. Looking at them reading Izkor for fallen IDF soldiers made us all cry. These young men and women, now 18 years old, and my daughter among them, are our future army. Hard to get it....
Yom HaZikaron Ceremony at the Art School
My daughter Shir and and the Senior Class during the Ceremony
Hadar Madnick, future Shinshin, taking part in the Yom HaZikaron Ceremony

No comments: